COVID UPDATES: EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2021
Longboat Harbour continues to implement directives from the State of Florida Governor’s office, local emergency managers and the medical professionals who continue to provide us guidance in response to the COVID-19 pandemic & Delta Variant. We continue to utilize emergency protective measures and cleaning protocols.
We are all in this together and we should be doing our individual and collective parts to avoid becoming sick and infecting others.
CDC guidelines suggest that "If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission."
Longboat Harbour continues to observe CDC guidance related to COVID-19. While Longboat Key is currently trending in the right direction, the State of Florida remains identified as an area of substantial transmission. We need to be mindful, many residents returning to Longboat Harbour are from areas of high and substantial transmission. Vaccination remains a personal choice. The Association is prohibited from requesting proof of vaccination to participate in association events or access a common area. We request that you use your personal judgement when accessing the common areas and wear a mask as you deem appropriate to protect yourself and others.
At the November 18, 2021 Board of Directors meeting the following updates were made to the Covid -19 protocols.
The office is open for normal business. We encourage residents to conduct business with staff virtually: by email, phone, website, use of drop box or to schedule meetings in advance if an in-person meeting is necessary. We request that you wear a mask when entering the office area to conduct business with the staff.
- All current cleaning & sanitizing protocols and schedules remain in effect
- The wood shop remains open
- The art studio remains open
- The billiards and poker/card room remains open.
- The game room remains open
- The beach property remains open
- The Beach property is not available to reserve for private events
- The pools remain open with existing protocols
- The tennis and pickle ball courts remain open with existing protocols
- The gym occupancy limit remains unchanged at 5 and the locker rooms are available. The sauna will remain closed.
- The morning exercise class has moved back to the GYM. Temporary class size limit of 5, including the instructor, one class per day.
- The Recreation Hall will remain closed.
- The Recreation Hall is not available for recreational or social gatherings.
- The Recreation Hall is not available for rental for private events
- The Annual Members meeting in November will be via Zoom as it was in 2020
- Use and access to all open common areas is restricted to residents and their guests.
Please make sure you and your guests comply with Association COVID cautions, recommendations, and requests. We are all in this together and we should be doing our individual and collective parts to avoid becoming sick and infecting others.
We appreciate your understanding that whatever restrictions are put in place, are for everyone’s benefit and the protection of our community.